The most important test kit for LSD is the Ehrlich reagent.
Ehrlich’s reagent “can be used to positively identify LSD, helping rule out 25i-NBOMe, a highly toxic and extremely dangerous drug that is often misrepresented as LSD.”
Purchasing options for LSD test kits (Ehrlich’s reagent)
- DanceSafe: ~$31 incl shipping, ~$22 extra for overnight shipping
- USA only, billyxckl on eBay $11.5 incl shipping
- USA, Bunk Police $30 incl shipping, $58 extra for overnight shipping
- If you’re in the UK, Reagent Tests UK, £5.5 incl shipping
- If you’re in the EU, HUP, €6 incl shipping.
- If you’re in the EU, SIN, €10.8 incl shipping.
“Ehrlich Test Kit should be your primary choice. LSD will turn pink to purple relatively quickly with this kit. Blotter can be tested as-is, but liquid must be treated a little differently (see below “can I test liquids”). Be on the lookout for substances that don’t quite match the chart – follow up with Marquis if you see something different.” - Bunk Police.
See also DanceSafe’s LSD testing instructions here.
Can I test liquid LSD?
“Liquids should be placed on a piece of untreated paper and dried before using it in the test kit. A good way to make sure your paper is untreated is to test a plain piece of paper first to make sure it doesn’t react – if it doesn’t, then use a separate piece to put your liquid on, allow it to dry, and then test that.” - Bunk Police.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Have more questions, or want more resources and info? Visit /r/PsychedelicTherapy or /r/Psychedelics.